Quick Chicken Chili Mac
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||6|
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) uncooked whole-wheat or regular macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups cooked and chopped Gold'n Plump® Seasoned Whole Chicken, Mesquite flavor (about 1/2 chicken)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto or chili beans, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large deep skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and remaining ingredients except cheese. Reduce heat to medium. Partially cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve in bowls, sprinkled with cheese.
Nutritional information may change when substituting your chicken product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it's best to thaw before cooking.
MY COOKBOOK LOGIN